- Embedded metadata in mp3 files! I’ve tampered with these, too, because standard metadata in mp3 files is not… always specific enough for me.
- “iTunes does not understand genre” said Liz in the chat. That is exactly what I was just talking about.
- Yes, Susie, we all remember the dial-up modem. It’s not great.
- This is one of the most useful metadata schemas in “real life” I think. Non-library-people would relate to this. That makes it particularly noteworthy.
- Also I like that there is no controlling party for this, honestly. I do. I think for something as changeable as music this makes sense.
- Because, yes, genre is subjective. My genres end up being things like Gothic Rock/Cabaret/Steampunk or something ridiculous like that. (I generally go by Wikipedia genre classifications for artists, if they’re available, and I enter them manually because it’s important to do.)